For students Autodesk provides free license of Revit for 1 year, other software's like AutoCAD, 3DS MAX, Inventor and many more are also available to students for download. (Earlier student licenses were come with 3 years of validity, but now its come with 1 year validity and to download this, student need to submit their college id as a proof)
Steps to create account , download software and obtain license.
2. If you already have Autodesk ID just click on sign in option else click on create account, create account option with below details will pop up, fill details as show in second image and click next
3. Fill your personal details and click create account
4. If all details are correct below message will appear
5. Check your email, mail with subject Verify your Autodesk account, click on verify mail, a page will open click on done.
6. After successful verification of mail id, you need to fill you educational details, show below
7. Great your account is created now.
8.Autodesk added a new section in download process, students need to submit valid document for software download.
9. After submission of documents you will be able to download and obtain license for Revit.
10. Select Sign In as shown in below image
11. Fill details as per your system.
12. Select the drop-down arrow next to Download Now and select Browser Download.
13. Revit 2017 downloads in 2 files. If you do not see both files, then you need to turn off the browser’s pop-up blocker and re-download.
14. That is how to download Revit student version software.